Thursday, April 3, 2008

There's been a stabbing!!


Tyler was in his walker and I didn't get him propped up quiet fast enough before answering the phone and he fell over bumping his mouth on the tray area...well dumb me stuck my pen in my mouth while rushing to him and when I picked him up and not paying attention my pen stabbed him in the top off of the head. It went thru the skin, right at the edge of the soft spot that he has. He was so upset that I thought he was going to pass out. I called Jason ( he is in town for once ) to come up to the office and help me calm him down. I was freaking out and Jason told me to call the Doctor. I know the hole is like a needle type hole but the tip of the pen is kind of thick and I was worried about his soft spot. I got the Nurse when I called the Doctor's office and she told the Doctor what had happened and he said as long as it wasn't oozing that he should be okay. The Nurse did say if the status changed to call right away. Jason did get him to calm down, oh and me too. Shortly after he was back to his happy self ( with the help from a little Tylenol ). Stupid things like this along with cutting the tips of his fingers while trimming his nails makes me feel like such a horrible Mother! Little Jason said that I shouldn't have done that because Tyler is just a little Baby...Glad he was also able to tell everyone what I did too.

No comments: