Sunday, March 30, 2008

Truckin'

This past week Jason was able to take us with him to California. I had asked him a couple of weeks back if there was any way he would be able to take us especialy since both kids had spring break? I realy wasn't going to hold my breath but after he looked at the route he surprised me and told me to get everything packed up Monday night. We then left Tuesday late afternoon. I love being spontanious. So I packed alot of movies and coloring books and we headed for our road trip.
After begging for a while we stopped for a couple of hours between stops at the beach. At first we weren't having very much luck finding a spot for the truck until I happened to see a national park type area that had motor homes and you could camp and do day picnics there. It was perfect. We ended up staying for three hours. We didn't have any shovels so we used some cups that we had so we could attempt to make a sand castle but the sand wasn't very good but we had fun running and playing in the water and sand.





We had a really good time and the kids were really good considering we had to spend most of the time in the truck. The sleeper was really comfortable and it was nice to be able to go back and take a nap. I love spending time with my husband and my kids and I am thankful we were able to go. I will always look back and wish we had more times like this one.

No comments: