Saturday, March 22, 2008

Family Home Evening

On St. Patty's day the South Family all gathered over at Jared and Aspen's house for Family Home Evening. The topic was on food storage. Our family is trying realy hard to get prepared for the up coming emergencies. Jared and Aspen' s food storage room is such a great example of how I would like my basement to look. I do feel that we have quite an army gathered here in West Jordan. We all are out here and there was a reason for that.
Jennifer grinding away.
Jared looks discusted with the taste of one of the MRE's!!?? Maybe the Clam Chowder?
Larkyn looking happy kneeding the dough for the tortilla's.
We took turns grinding (worked on my releif society arms ) some 10 year old wheat that Jeremy brought over. He made tortilla's and chocolate chip cookies with it. We also tried several MRE's. I think that I am going to starve. I had a hard time stomaching the taste and the smell of some of them. Good thing Aspen made some chicken taco stuff that I could eat on the tortilla's that Jeremy made.
So many to chose from.

The tortilla's cooking.
Did some one order Ham?
Jennifer, who just returned from her mission in October ended the evening with a wonderfull thought and scripture. It was realy nice to have all of us get together. I am supposed to host the next get together and I don't know how I am going to top this night.