Friday, August 21, 2009

Little J is 5

We woke up that Saturday morning and it was raining. I was in a panic since the party was starting at 11:00. As I looked out the window, I said a little prayer for the weather to clear up just long enough for Jason's party. I was having 20 screaming kids over for a beach themed birthday party. I had debated a few weeks before in renting a super dooper blow up water slide but I think it was a blessing in disguise when I called and they were already reserved. With the gloom out side and the chill in the air. We had a fabulous time and were still able to pass out buckets of treats and Hawaiian lays. We played duck, duck goose. Jumped on the trampoline and did plenty of visiting.
Every one got a whack at the beach ball pinata and fought over the candy, even though there was plenty of candy to go around.It warmed up just a little bit that we broke out the slip and slide. I was able to send a few kids home wet :)Just after every one left the rain came down and the thunder was so loud and there was a lot of lightning. The power even flickered too. It was really only 20 minutes after every one left. I was so thankful for my answered prayer and for all of the friends and family that came out to show their love for our family and this little ( big ) 5 year old.

No comments: