Friday, August 21, 2009

We love you this much!!!

Jason is not too big on holidays or birthdays, he says "it's just another day!!" but I on the other hand try and make a big deal of them. Especially birthdays..I practically celebrate Mother's day 4 times a year. This year Jason said he celebrates Father's Day every day and that he doesn't need a specific day to celebrate, he is thankful every day. Wow, he got me there!! He is right!! ( don't tell him I said that!! ) I should celebrate every day..some days I celebrate more then others.

Every year on Father's day Jason thanks me...your dang right he should thank me. I apparently was good at convincing him to be a father!! He really is a good Dad and yes I need to remind him often that he is not paying enough attention to them but he would do anything for his children. I am thankful that my kids know how much their Dad loves them and that he would do anything for them. My Dad always told me how much he loved me and DID do anything for me. My Dad's Father only ever told him one time in his life that he loved him and it wasn't until my Dad reached his forty's. My Dad never was going to do that to us and he made it very clear. Jason is the same way ( it some times drives me crazy that I married some one that is so much like my Dad!!! ) It is not always about showing love and kindness, you need to hear the words " I love you ". Father's Day has been rough but it gets better for me each year. I tell my kids and show my kids how we should show and say how thankful we are for one another. It is so exciting for them to pick out gifts and draw pictures for us and for each other. The joy that they experience is great. It is important to me that I make that happen for them. I really have great kids.

Even as annoying as it was hearing "when you grow up and have your own kids you'll understand why" I do understand and I am grateful for the but mom's and why do I have to's? Some advice I have stuck to and other advice I have changed because..haha, I can and they are MY kids!!

Thank you to all of the Mother's and Father's in my life and in my children's lives. You are wonderful examples and I am certainly grateful for you. I hope that we can all celebrate Mother's day and Father's day everyday either for ourselves or for our own parents.

No comments: