Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Arizona tournament



I had the opportunity to tag along with Jason on a business trip-slash tournament. I told him it would be an awful long drive to go home a LOSER!! I know not very nice of me but hey what can I say? I am super supportive :)
There was a UFC sponsored tournament going on in Vegas that same weekend so a lot of people who were signed up to participate in the Arizona one backed out. Jason only had to compete against two other guys but it still was so nerve wracking. To drive all that way!! I told him that I would punch him out if he lost. If he lost to the first guy he would be done. The moves that you do on your opponent scores you points and the one who either submits or scores the most points wins. You try and win within 5 minutes. Jason's first opponent thought he was the winner, Jason scored 7-3 and then his opponent was trying to dispute the points after he lost. Jason's second opponent was losing not only by points 12-3 but was submitted in a rear naked choke. Jason tried to sell himself short by saying it was just two guys. I told him that he busted his butt and a win is a WIN!! So he took gold in his division.
I enjoy watching him...even though he is a bit smug about it and he tries to show me all the moves. I am so proud of him. Way to go Jason!!
His next tournament is in California....something Nationals, I don't get to go this time but will be supporting him from home. I will keep all of you posted.

No comments: