Friday, February 25, 2011

Picture not so perfect



You often hear about how computers crash and all of the pictures are lost and they either are lost forever or you pay a ton of money to try and retrieve it off the computer. I still have a computer that has several pictures of Maddie and little J on it. So sad. I never expected to stumble on my plastic tote left outside from the transition from the garage to shed. Me not over seeing this transition..I guess never really was a transition. The tote had been left out and the lid that should of been so securely attached was bumped just enough to allow to the tote to fill full of the rain water that had accumulated over a couple of months. I spent what seemed to be forever, laying out all the photos. I had high school dance pictures, the ones that came in the black sleeves completely ruined, the water made the black paper act like a stain and blackened out the entire photos or nearly all of the photos. I had a ton of scrap booking papers ruined. The list goes on and on. I was able to salvage most of the pictures. I guess your never safe on where you store your photos..unless you put them in a fire proof safe. Lesson learned!!

No comments: