Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twilight Prom 2009


I think I may have been more excited to do the Twilight party then Maddie was. She is the one that chose the theme..so I just took it from there. I kept a lot of what I was doing a secret from her. It was way more fun to surprise her. I reserved a part of the gym at the stake center, decorated it with formal dining and dim lights and had a mix of the Twilight and New Moon soundtracks playing.

I bought plastic champain glasses, we had plastic vampire teeth for the napkin rings, and screwers for their utensils. ( like stakes to stab vampires..but vampires don't die by stakes :) )


We did a chocolate fountain with assorted goodies for them to dip. We had candles on the tables along with balloons. A bowl of red apples. I did a bowl of blood punch ( rasberry ice crystal light )I had all of the posters that I have collected so far and New Moon dinner plates scattered throughout the gym on the walls. The most fabulous part was I set a back drop up with trees, lights and a life size cardboard cut out of EDWARD. When the parents dropped of their girls they giggled just as much as the girls did.





Jason gave in when I wanted to order the Belle and Edward collector Barbies. ( Maddie is actually okay with leaving them in the box to look at.) She received lot's of great things. Spoiled as usual!!


I had the girls pose with Edward so I could give them each a prom picture to take home..although I wasn't able to give them to them by the time they left but I did get them passed out later. Their goodie bags included a big sticker of the New Moon poster, a baggie for a charm bracelet they could assemble, their teeth and all of the suckers they one from Andrea's ring toss game she brought.

Makylle & Edward

Brittney & Edward
Trina & Edward
Sadie & Edward
Rachel & Edward
Bella & Edward ( yes, Bella )
Prom Queen Madison & Edward
Kylie & Edward

Haley & Edward Ashley & Edward
Caitlyn & Edward

Meghan & Edward

Paiton & Edward
Shaylee & Edward

Katelyn & Edward

Just before the party was over we played one last game of pin the kiss on Edward. So funny! The girl who got the closest got to take home her poster of choice.
We had such a good time. Thanks to my friend Andrea, My Sister Tami, My Momma and of course Jason for all of their help and support to throw one of the best Birthday parties ever!!
P.S. Amanda D
The reason Bryn isn't in any of the pictures is because she refused. Remember she said she wasn't that into the whole twilight or Edward thing but she had a good time any way!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL! What can I say? She's a smart girl. jk

That last picture is funny because it looks like Andrea is wearing a big, wacky hat.

M. Nelson said...

This makes me actually sorta like Twilight! I love it! What a great party.