Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Sunday

It was a great spiritual growth Easter for me. I did miss alot of what was said during the talks in the sacrament meeting due to rowdy kids. (I need to apologise to Roy for Maddie shushing Tyler so loudly during his solo. It was so embarrassing. I did truly enjoy his solo, I like when he sings. ) During the primary sharing time Kasi showed most of the important parts of the video called the Lamb of God. Even though it was in a different language I could feel the power of Christs message. I know the kids could too, some of them were so touched and overwhelmed with the sufferings of Christ it brought some of them to tears. It touched me deeply, I need to find it and watch the whole thing.
Since I have been put in as the Teacher for the kids turning 8 this year. I have the responsibility to teach them about church history and the order in which the church was organized. I have also been teaching them why it is so important to be baptized. I am so blessed to have this calling. My testimony grows stronger and stronger each lesson I prepare. I know Joseph Smith is a true Prophet and with all of the hardships and trials that he and his family suffered, how can you not have a testimony of this true church knowing what he went through and still had one as strong as he did?
I am trying to be like Jesus. I am trying to show my kids to be like Jesus. Their tender little perfectness knows who their Father in Heaven is and they remind me of him as much as I try to remind myself. I am trying to be more thankful that Christ suffered my sorrows and sins so I may have eternal life, that I may stay with my loved ones and see my Dad again.
I hope that I can keep the meaning of Easter with me every day.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you are awesome, Tawnie! Your family is gorgeous.

Janzen said...

You have such a cute family. Love ya lots.

Jacalyn said...

Cute, cute pics! I love that Miley is photos too. We do that all the time. You have a beautiful family!

katie and co. said...

Super cute pictures, Tawnie! I love the one of you and your kiddos. Those are priceless!