Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Have you noticed?


A few weeks ago I was watching a program..Maybe Glen Beck? Well who ever it was they were on the topic of how the makers ( I don't know what to call them ) of their products, whether it be soap, chips, cereal, deodorant etc. how they are keeping the packaging the same but cutting back on the quantity. That way they can keep the price the same and the size the same without the consumer really even noticing. So I kind of placed this topic in the back of my mind but it resurfaced when I went shopping and noticed when I picked up the box of diapers I just knew that the number was different from last time..I just had such a gut feeling..I flared up knowing about this topic. So when I got home I grabbed the other boxes..the only reason I had these other boxes is that they contain the clothes that the kids have out grown. The picture on the left shows how much they have held back on packing compared to the one on the right which I just purchased. 108 to 104 and now 100, but I paid the SAME price!! It is crazy that these billion dollar corporations think they need to hold back just a little..just so they can make billions more!
Ugh..my gripe for the week.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You don't buy a 1/2 gallon of ice cream anymore. It's 48 ounces. Yes... very annoying.