Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas 2009

It took me several days, almost right up to Christmas to even be in the mood. I don't think I was allowing myself to feel the Christmas spirit. I was too absorbed in the rude people that called in and shoved their Christmas priorities down my throat! What gave them the right to think that their Christmas was more important then mine? Then I would often reflect back on the years when my Dad was around and how bad he hated Christmas, but even in his scrooge mood he always did his best. It is now why I understand the stress of it all..How was he going to do Christmas for his kids when his clients wouldn't pay so he could afford it? This year I was feeling the same pressure. I know that's not what it's about and I tried very hard to let my kids know that presents are what it's about. It's about our Savior. I had even sat them down after I heard a song sang by one of those girly boys on the Disney Channel on how we should thank Santa for all that he does for us..ARE YOU SERIOUS!! It really upset me. Although it is important to be giving and spread holiday cheer. As I pondered and relaxed a little bit over the things that were getting to me and analyzed my behavior towards my Family and Friends. I know what to be grateful for...but did I mean it? Did I feel it? The Savior has blessed me in so many ways. Even though I feel that my little world is crashing down all around me. I have the foundation of my Family to keep me stable. The love that the Lord and they show for me is the center of my home. Your home is where your Family is.
On a lighter note. We had a fabulous Christmas!! We were all together, the kids were great, I didn't mind the mess, We ate way too much, and shared lot's of laughs!
Every year it's in my nature to do a couple of practical jokes on Jason. The first thing I did was got him some cliff bars that we can never find any where..they were more for me!! Second, and the best that I have done so far is got him a UFC action figure..but wonderful part was Andrea took time out of everything she had going on and printed pictures of Jason from off my blog and put them all over the box so it looked like it was a Jason action figure. We laughed so hard. The detailing was great. All the little heads, she covered up the words with his fighting name "The Mover" and even had a tiny picture of him in the cage from his last fight on there. Oh it was magical!! I will never be able to top this one!!





I feel bad, I am just realizing there are no pictures of Maddie on Christmas day. She must of been off with her sewing stuff?
Bubba for two years bugged me about a champion belt..and when I found a UFC one I freaked out! This was the gift that actually got me excited about Christmas. I could just see his reaction and hear his "oh, ya! " when I saw it. Best $12.00 gift!!
We spongified Tyler for Christmas. He got Jammie's, hoodie, movie, hat, blanket and pillow all in Sponge Bob. He loves his sponge bob!!
We were all spoiled even on a low budget. It was just having all of us together and being bums what matter the most!!
Thanks to all of my Family and Friends that stuck by me through my rough time. It is getting easier to deal with and I appreciate all that you do for me to support me. I love all of you. Thanks for a always showing me your testimony and being there for me and my little ones. I could not have survived through this season without you.
I will try not to be so ornery!!

1 comment:

Janzen said...

Darin got that dubble barrel shot gun as a wite elephant gift at work. Boy did he SCORE Kyle loves that thing. (It came in handy for a extra Christmas gift too)