Friday, December 18, 2009

Turkey in Vegas




We normally spend Thanksgiving in St. George at CHUCK~A~RAMA...yes, we are those type of people..the ones who like to have some one else cook it and clean it up :) we've been doing this since I was a Jr. in High school!! This time we spent it in Vegas, the whole day! We started off at the Hoover Dam. We didn't get out just drove by, then flipped around and drove back thru again. We are always marveled at the sight of the dam and the bridge that has been under construction for the last couple of years.





We headed over to our favorite buffet...At the Orleans. It was yummy as usual. Stuffed ourselves silly and then was on our way to try and see some highlights of Vegas. ( we do always make thanksgiving dinner the next day. I couldn't go the whole weekend without turkey sandwiches!! )
We just had to get our picture taken with the Sponge Bob statue at the Excalibur.



Then off to the M&M Store so the kids could pick out a prize. They were so excited to see where it is that I always get their prize from in Vegas. It is just tradition to stop at the M&M store.


Then started all the walking..We tried to go see the dolphins and we missed that by a half hour so then we walked over to Treasure Island just to see that the show was down until February...so basically the kids got to see the lions at the MGM and the water show at the Mirage. After we got back home my Sister calculated that we walked over 5 miles. I refused to get a taxi..no way was I paying all that money, besides we needed to walk off all the grub from the buffet. We had a great time. It was nice to have my family together for the weekend.
So these last pictures really deserve their own post...but I will include it here..What started it was me, I had noticed this couple, nicely dressed. The lady was even dressed in a long fur coat and here they were handing off their camera to one of their friends to take a picture of them..little did they know that they had this "hot babes" sign in the back ground. I wish I could of been there to see the looks on their faces when they looked at their developed pictures to see the practically naked women in the background. Ahh, good times!!

1 comment:

Roy said...

The story of those last pics is hilarious. BTW, we like the Chuck-a-rama in St. George too. Probably the best one in the state :).