Monday, March 2, 2009

Sacrifice

This last week both of my Jason's made sacrifices. Little J gave up his awesome bed and big J gave up his four wheeler. Our little Family is trying to humble ourselves a bit more. Between work and home we really need to get rid of some things. This bed was one of the things we knew that we could make some fast cash. I would eventually need to sell it any way because the boys would need to share a room and I knew that it wouldn't have as much value in a year then it does now. It was kind of hard for me and was thinking of changing my mind since it fit his superman decor and colors so well.
Jason saw his bed on the computer and came right out and asked me if I was selling it. I explained that Daddy had made a sacrifice by selling his 4-wheeler and asked if he could sacrifice his bed. It broke my heart to see those alligator tears but he was very willing to do what needed to be done. As he told me that he would be sad without it he then said that I could sell the bed but not the slide. To his dismay he was asleep on the sofa when the man came to pick it up..Maddie's big mouth broke the news to him in that next morning. He sweetly asked if the man bought it for his son, I told him that he bought for his 3 year old little girl because she didn't have a bed. He said well that is good and said that she would be very happy. All the sadness went away. This little guy is such a gentle giant.
Don't worry he isn't sleeping on the floor, We actually took the top off of Maddie's bunk and gave it to him..She said that she was glad to be able to share. They both have been very good about keeping their rooms clean, but it has been a little bit hard for Jason since he was using the tent to hide his mess.
Thanks to my boys for making this sacrifice for our family. I know it was worldly and it's not the most important thing to some but it was to them and I truly appreciate what they did.

3 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

I think that the children that have been sent to earth during the time are very special little spirits. When our kids come home to UT they truly seem to appreciate helping others, going without, the difference between wants and needs, etc. I don't think I was as acutely aware of my surroundings and the importance of sacrafice and serving others at such a young age.
Your little boy sounds like he has a huge heart!

Aspen said...

My kids will miss that bed! Jason is always so tender hearted. Didn't get it from his dad...hahahaha!

Jacalyn said...

What a sweet story. Little J can use that in the future for his testimony on sacrifice and consecration. Or...he can hold it against you and drag it up as bad mom evidence when he's mad at you! Either way, he's a sweet boy and made the best of a sad situation.