Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My MMA Fighter


Jason in the red corner
VS

Josh in the black corner

Jason had been training his butt off the last few weeks so he could prepare himself for his debut fight this past Saturday night. He trained almost every day twice a day and dropped 30 lbs. He had several people help him and show up to support him. The fight was thru UCE ( ultimate combat experience ) at a downtown club. His fight turned into be the main event and let me tell you it was an awesome and bloody fight. A lot of people would ask me how I felt about it and would say I support him and was way excited. I haven't changed my mind after seeing how brutal it was but I do need to have him take a break because it was a lot to take in. It went three 3 minute rounds and we thought within the first minute of the first round that it would be over with Jason being the loser. Josh dominated pretty much the first round and caught Jason with 4 head shots right in a row and when Jason got him on the ground Josh put him in a choke hold and I thought Jason would pass out...very nerve racking! Then the bell rang and they went to their corners..then the second round Jason dominated and then Josh almost laid him out and then Jason pinned Josh up against the cage and was sockin' it to him with all he had..fists of furry. Just when we thought the ref would call it the bell rang again..ugh! the panic I was feeling. Then into a minute and a half in the third round Jason got on top of him and was punching him over and over again and then Jason was finally tackled by the ref to stop and they called the fight. In the end my Man's arm was the one raised. Oh was I glad when it was over..I swear my blood pressure was thru the roof.

Both men had great moves and were skilled in different areas of fighting and that made for a really good fight. Lot's of Blood! Both Men were also very humble and thanked each other and their teams and told one another how awesome they did. Even if Jason had lost..this is where it gets cheesy... I would of still thought him to be the winner because of how hard he trained and how dedicated he was. ( however I did lecture him before he left and said that he better kick butt and that it better not be over in 30 seconds!! )

Jason did leave with a hurt shoulder and a broken nose..but the phrase man you should see the other guy is being used. Jason ended up closing both Josh's eyes and made him have to get stitches on his face.

This fight along with the other fights that night will be aired on CW30 on Sunday the 31st, I think at 3:00? I will keep you posted...





2 comments:

Amanda said...

You guys are both crazy.

Anisha said...

You're a good wife. And he's a very brave man. I would never let my husband attempt this. WOW! His poor face. Is he thinking of still going or was this a one time thing?